You know you are a VIPKID teacher when…
By Stephanie T.
- You now look great in the color orange, or at least you tell yourself you do.
- You pop out of bed every morning before the sun is up, whether you’re teaching or not. What is sleep?
- The person on the other end of the phone is confused as to why you’re speaking to them as if they are a child hard of hearing. “How… ARE… you?!?!”
- You are a professional sound effect maker in and out of the classroom. Shooting lasers as you dash the salt and pepper shakers over your dinner, anyone?
- The local dollar store clerks begin to recognize you and are curious as to why you keep buying finger puppets, silly hats, and wands.
- You’ve gotten really good at looking presentable from only the waist up. Hair’s done, make up is set, sweatpants are on… hey, not a bad look!
- You’ve figured out how to make a yawn look like a very excited face that does not look terrifying to the student on the other end. Oh no, not terrifying at all.
- Finally you can put your incredibly accurate animal impressions to good use.
- You learn new and interesting facts all the time thanks to the VIPKID curriculum and your students. An estuary?! Who’s teaching who?
- Your heart melts every time your student praises and appreciates you during class. “Teacher… You’re funny, I like you.”
All jokes aside…
You know you’re a VIPKID teacher when the ability to teach English from home to children on the other side of the world is the best way to start (or end) your day!
To become a VIPKID teacher, please click here.