You know you are a VIPKID teacher when…
By Stephanie T.
- You now look great in the color orange, or at least you tell yourself you do.
- You pop out of bed every morning before the sun is up, whether you’re teaching or not. What is sleep?
- The person on the other end of the phone is confused as to why you’re speaking to them as if they are a child hard of hearing. “How… ARE… you?!?!”
- You are a professional sound effect maker in and out of the classroom. Shooting lasers as you dash the salt and pepper shakers over your dinner, anyone?
- The local dollar store clerks begin to recognize you and are curious as to why you keep buying finger puppets, silly hats, and wands.
- You’ve gotten really good at looking presentable from only the waist up. Hair’s done, make up is set, sweatpants are on… hey, not a bad look!
- You’ve figured out how to make a yawn look like a very excited face that does not look terrifying to the student on the other end. Oh no, not terrifying at all.
- Finally you can put your incredibly accurate animal impressions to good use.
- You learn new and interesting facts all the time thanks to the VIPKID curriculum and your students. An estuary?! Who’s teaching who?
- Your heart melts every time your student praises and appreciates you during class. “Teacher… You’re funny, I like you.”
All jokes aside…
You know you’re a VIPKID teacher when the ability to teach English from home to children on the other side of the world is the best way to start (or end) your day!